Philanthropic Support and Partnerships
We are grateful to all of our supporters, financial and otherwise, who enable us to continue our mission and lead the way in giving everyone a voice in health care reform and working to guarantee access to quality, affordable health care. Below are examples of current investments in our national work:
- The Atlantic Philanthropies to serve as a national partner organizing the Campaign for Better Care, an unprecedented mobilization effort to advocate for the changes patients with multiple health problems and their families urgently need.
- California HealthCare Foundation: A collaboration with GoodRX supporting newly available data and technology platforms that enhance consumer, policymaker and provider access to information and resources on prescription drug affordability.
- Ford Foundation to general operating support to preserve and strengthen the health care safety net for vulnerable populations.
- The Kresge Foundation to increase community and consumer engagement in the development of hospital community benefit programming and new federal regulations governing community benefit programs under the Affordable Care Act.
- The Nathan Cummings Foundation to help establish the Affordable Care Act Implementation Fund and provide technical assistance to the Fund's grantees addressing immediate challenges and opportunities, engaging consumer participation, and strengthening connections to under- represented communities.
- Open Society Foundations to expand coverage and treatment for substance use disorders through implementation of the Affordable Care Act and other health reforms.
- The Pew Charitable Trusts to create the Partnership to Advance Conflict-Free Medical Education (PACME) to build on the work of the Prescription Project addressing conflicts-of-interest created by pharmaceutical industry marketing to physicians and encouraging a conflict-free environment at medical schools and academic medical centers nationwide.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to support Community Catalyst as the National Program Office for the Consumer Voices for Coverage project, strengthening state advocacy networks to expand health coverage, and the Roadmaps to Health Community Grants project a collaboration including the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute to support community organizations creating solutions that make it easier for people to be healthy in their own communities.
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation to establish the Dental Therapist Project, a joint-initiative focused on empowering community groups and health advocates improving access to oral health for vulnerable children and families by transforming the dental health workforce through the establishment of midlevel dental providers.
The Affordable Care Act Implementation Fund
Community Catalyst is a grateful to partner with a number of leading national foundations including The Atlantic Philanthropies, The California Endowment, The Nathan Cummings Foundation, Ford Foundation, The Jacob and Valeria Langeloth Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, and anonymous funders as administrators of the ACA Implementation Fund providing more than $7.4 million to date to health advocates in more than 16 states to drive consumer-focused implementation.
Additional Philanthropic Support
Community Catalyst is thankful to recognize the following national and state-based funders supporting our work in 2012:
- Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Children's Hospital (Boston)
- Connecticut Children's Medical Center
- David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- Endowment for Health (New Hampshire)
- Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky
- The George Gund Foundation (Ohio)
- The Jessie B. Cox Trust Fund at The Boston Foundation
- The John A. Hartford Foundation
- Missouri Foundation for Health
- Pew Charitable Trusts
We want to extend our gratitude to the many individual donors who have provided unrestricted support to Community Catalyst through the The Catalyst Fund, and designated support to specific programs.