Health Delivery System Coordinator
Community Catalyst is a national, non-profit consumer advocacy organization founded in 1997 with the belief that affordable quality health care should be accessible to everyone. We work in partnership with national, state and local organizations, policymakers, and philanthropic foundations to ensure the interests of all people are heard and represented wherever important decisions about health and the health system are made: in communities, courtrooms, statehouses and on Capitol Hill. Over the years, we have helped build a consumer health advocacy movement across the country, defended vital health care programs for the uninsured and underserved, held health care institutions and corporations accountable to the public interest, and run national campaigns on emerging health care issues.
At Community Catalyst, we believe that our people are our strength. Their knowledge, commitment and talents drive our accomplishments. Our staff members are established experts in health policy, advocacy, organizational development, community organizing, law, communications and strategic planning. They provide strategic advice, information, and resources that facilitate communities, consumer advocates, health care providers, foundations and policymakers working together at the local, state and federal level to achieve health policy and system changes that benefit all people.
For more information about Community Catalyst, you can visit our website: www.communitycatalyst.org
Community Catalyst is seeking a Health Delivery System Coordinator to build collaborative working relationships with health plans and provider groups serving people eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid (“dual eligibles”). This person will assist delivery systems in developing approaches for meaningfully engaging their members, e.g. to get input on major strategic decisions, to get feedback on the way current services are experienced and to hear issues of concern. This dynamic individual will be an integral part of a team promoting the implementation of successful, cutting-edge health delivery reforms across the country.
This position is part of one of Community Catalyst’s most innovative program areas, Voices for Better Health, which is working to advance policies and programs that provide coordinated, patient-centered care aimed at improving the quality of life for dual eligibles, particularly for those that are older adults.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with health delivery systems serving dual eligibles – health plans, health homes, and/or provider networks -- in at least five states
- Spearhead the development of tools aimed at assisting delivery systems in developing new approaches to engaging with their members
- Offer timely, efficient, tailored support for delivery system staff on engaging with their members
- Help to build connections between delivery systems and consumer advocates
- Develop a learning community among delivery systems using Community Catalyst tools
- Collaborate with researchers to collect data on the efficacy of project activities, identify best practices and assist with the publication of results through issue briefs, fact sheets or articles or through the use of conference calls or webinars
- Actively participate as a member of the project team, assisting with program design, proposal development and planning
- Assist Community Catalyst staff and directors in other relevant work projects, as appropriate.
- Related work experience in a health plan or provider setting:
- 10 years, or
- Bachelor’s plus 5 years, or
- Master’s plus 2 years
- Commitment to improving the lives of vulnerable older adults
- Knowledge of the social, cultural and linguistic needs of older adults from diverse backgrounds
- Credible, professional presence and ability to build rapport with leaders from health plans, health homes and/or provider groups
- Excellent verbal and communications skills, as evidenced through experience with public speaking, training, facilitating, and/or coaching
- Excellent judgment
- Highly resourceful and dependable
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and creative
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage several projects at once, respond to tight timelines and operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong research and writing skills
- Hard-working and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively as a team
- Ability to travel
- Bilingual/bicultural background highly desirable
- Health policy experience
- Experience with health literacy and/or adult learning techniques
- Competitive Salary
- Generous paid time off policy
- Robust benefits package
- Convenient downtown Boston location
Applicants should submit a resume with a one page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: email@example.com. Please put “Health Delivery System Coordinator” in the Subject line.
Community Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer with a demonstrated commitment to diversity in the workplace. Persons of color and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.